The customer experience (CX) is everything that an entrepreneur must care about. The CX can be improved in different layers including product, marketing, and sales.
UX (user experience) and UI (user interface) design are two main elements of CX in the product level. Once Steve Jobs said, “Always Start With The Customer Experience, Not With The Technology”.
UX means how users flow through an app or site and ensuring whether they like to interact with the product. UI is the look and feel of everything from images and buttons to graphics and text. It is all about finding a balance between value and visuals.
How can we improve UX?
- Keep the gates open for as long as you can.
- Create an emotional connection or habitual dependency.
- Do not expect any prior skill or expertise from users.
- Let users find their needs in less than 30 sec and 3 steps.
- Find the right triggers to let users realize the value prop.
- Be cross-generation compatible.
You can find more details on how to improve user experience here.
How can we improve UI?
UI goal is to look professional, build trust, and remain easy to understand and use. UI can be improved through improving (a) graphic design (e.g., typography, colors, elements) (b) visual design (e.g., layout, infographics). You can find several tips to improve UI in a product.
- Keep the interface simple. Create a pattern.
- Create consistency. Use common elements.
- Be purposeful in page layout. Careful placement.
- Use color and texture to draw attention toward or away.
- Use typography to create clarity, readability, and legibility
- Ensure the product communicates what is happening.
- Think about the defaults.
I can summarize all the above suggestions to improve UI in a short sentence: The devil is in details!